Free! Op :
遥の手が掴まれて引っ張られるカットは絶対入れたかったカットぬ1つ。遥の手が沈んだとみせかけて手がINして握って引っ張るという、タイミングがなかなか上手くいかす何度もやリ直し、苦戦したカットです。引っ張リあげる手はいつも遥に手を差し伸べる真琴の手をイメージしています。The cut which we absolutely had to include was the one of Haruka’s hand being held and pulled.It is when you see Haruka’s hand sinking and a hand comes in the frame,to clasp and pull his. The timing of this cut was a huge struggle and required many retakes.The person who clasped hands with Haruka was the one who always reached out to him,Makoto.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
Maybe it’s just the specific subtitles, but I really like how it changes from “I was probably” to “I really was”. It’s like that small change in words just reaffirms Kaworu’s purpose. It’s like Kaworu already knows what had happened previously in the NGE series and he is only more sure of this fact now then ever. And to me it hints to the thoughts and theories that the original EVA series was some how a dream or something that actually happened before the rebuild.
-And lets not forget about the “This time I’ll make sure to bring you happiness” quote-
Because he has lived through everything:
“Even if the story changes, the feelings Kaworu has for Ikari Shinji… They will never change. I had to make sure that everyone would understand that he knows this world is different from last time, and how that affects how he approaches this Ikari Shinji. That hurdle was especially high. I was also worried about what to do with the stuff I was told in the beginning. Like, how Nagisa Kaworu should be with his accumulated pasts, even if they were part of different cycles, and how ‘Eva’ itself has a really tight target zone to get it just right.
The first conversation with Shinji was really massive to me. Up until now, Kaworu has just been one-sidedly expressing his feelings, bit by bit, about Rebuild’s seize-the-moment Ikari Shinji. And finally, he gets to talk to him in person… I’m sure Kaworu was anxiously awaiting that moment… Yeah… It was all building up to that face-to-face-meeting.
No matter how many times it happens, it always ends the same way. It should have been different from the previous cycle, but the same mistakes are repeated once again. It’s unavoidable, like destiny. But, it’s like he switched tracks at a different point this time. It’s like he struggles against the flow of his fate and sacrifices himself so that Shinji can survive because Shinji has to survive." -Akira Ishida
so basically leopard seals ARE cats??
In his place
I would have frozen to death, but if we look past thatI would’ve felt so guilty for not being able to eat the penguin with my camera. The seal is trying so hard, and he just insists on not being nourished!
I hope he ate broiled penguin every night.
spoiler warning. rough translation. thanks to yorihara for putting this on my dash
"Once again, the angry ones return to Ikebukuro -
One and a half years after the end of the Dollars. Ikebukuro now embraces a fresh breeze.
Treated as a monster since childhood, moving to the capital from Akita infatuated by rumours of the Headless Rider: Mizuchi Yahiru. High school debut magnificently accomplished, with eyes on exchanging the existence of the Headless Rider for money: Kotonami Kuon. Her sister gone missing in the midst of researching the Headless Rider: Tatsugami Himeka. These three, each with their own emotions, meet as they enter Raira Academy; the extraordinary begins -
And an incident is occurring in Ikebukuro: all connected to the Headless Rider disappear. Dragged into this are the twin sisters with a missing brother; the boy still a key figure amongst delinquents; and the man in the bartender uniform, feared as the fiercest in Ikebukuro…
Now, everyone - Durarara!!”